Istanbul Museum Pass
Istanbul Museum Pass 2019 – Where To Buy? Worth The Price?
There are two ways to jump the long lines in the top museums of Istanbul.
1st option: To see the museums in a short time, with reduced admission fees and no waiting in the lines, you may consider buying an Istanbul Museum Pass.
You might consider these options seriously due to the long lines to get in to Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace. Especially April, May, June, September, October considered as the high season in Istanbul.
Hagia Sophia Entrance When It’s High Season
Istanbul Museum Pass Price or Cost for 2019
Istanbul Museum Pass price is 185 Turkish Lira for 2018. Children under the age of eight do not need it. Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace museums are free for little kids.
Considerations for Children
- However you still need to get to ticket office to obtain free entry ticket. Passport copy is required as a proof of the children’s age. If you do not want to get stuck in long queue, perhaps you might want to buy the pass for kids too.
- If the child’s age is obviously smaller than age of 8, the attendants let him/her pass with you from the museum entrances. (It works especially at the busy places like Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia)
Museum Pass for 5 Days in Istanbul
What is Istanbul Museum Pass? Where I Can Use It?
The 5 day pass is sold for 185 Turkish Lira. Free entry is provided with the card for the listed museums below. The Istanbul Museum Pass is activated after the first use of the pass. It can be used for 120 hours following the activation.
Istanbul Museums to be visited with Museum Pass List 2019
- Hagia Sophia Museum
- Topkapi Palace Museum (including Hagia Eirene Church and Harem)
- Istanbul Archaeological Museum (Inside Topkapi Palace Complex)
- Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum (Near Hippodrome)
- The History of Islamic Science and Technology Museum (within Topkapi Palace walls in Gulhane Park)
- Grand Palace Mosaic Museum (Byzantine Palace Mosaics – Near Blue Mosque)
- Chora Church or Kariye Museum (Best Byzantine Mosaics – in Edirnekapi)
- Rumeli Hisarı Fortress (Citadel at the Bosphorus)
- Yildiz Palace (One of the Ottoman palaces in a park – in Besiktas)
- Galata Mevlevi House Museum (Whirling Dervishes Museum – in Galata)
- Istanbul Fethiye Museum (Former Byzantine Pammakaristos Church – in Balat)
Istanbul Museum Pass Should I Get One? Worth The Price?
Istanbul Museum Pass Vs Museum Entrance Fees Cost Comparison
Considering that entry to Topkapı Palace costs 60 TL (Harem +35 TL – Hagia Eirene Church +30 TL) Hagia Sophia another 60 TL = 185 TL Its already the price of the museum pass.
You may add to your itinerary: Istanbul Archaeology Museums (30 TL) and Turkish Islamic Art Museum (35 TL) as well. Then you benefit from the money that you pay for Istanbul Museum Pass.
Museum Pass For Visiting The Topkapi Palace Museum
The Istanbul Museum Pass provide you some discounts at other museums and attractions. They are listed below. I recommend you to check the Museum Pass advantages from their official websites.
- Istanbul Sehir Hatlari Ferries (Official Bosphorus Cruise Tour Company)
- Museum of Innocence (Nobel Prize winner Orhan Pamuk’s museum)
- Istanbul Military Museum (Located in Besiktas area by Bosphorus)
- Pera Museum (Located next to Istiklal Street At Beyoglu)
- Rahmi Koc Museum (Located in Golden Horn shores)
- Sakip Sabanci Museum (Located at the Bosphorus at Emirgan)
- Sadberk Hanim Museum (Located further up the Bosphorus at Sariyer)
Manage Your Time Efficiently
Istanbul Museum Pass allows you to avoid waiting in the ticket buying lines at each museum. However you are still obliged to wait for security-check line, so you will have to spend some time waiting in line (considerably shorter time). Do not forget this while you plan your visit to these sights.
Istanbul Museum Card Provides Fast Track At Hagia Sophia
Planning Your Museums Visits
Istanbul’s popular museums are closed for one day a week. The closure days of the museums (which are located in the same district) usually different than each other. Therefore you should plan your itinerary carefully.
- Hagia Sophia: Monday
- Turkish & Islamic Arts Museum: Monday
- Grand Palace Mosaic Museum: Monday
- Topkapi Palace: Tuesday
- Kariye Museum – Chora Church: Wednesday
- Grand Palace Mosaic Museum: Wednesday
- Fethiye Museum: Wednesday
Istanbul Museum Pass for Dolmabahce Palace & Basilica Cistern?
Favorite touristic attractions like Basilica Cistern, Dolmabahce Palace, Beylerbeyi Palace run by other establishments. Istanbul Museum Pass is not used for Dolmabahce Palace, Beylerbeyi Palace, Basilica Cistern and Galata Tower.
Where To Buy Istanbul Museum Pass?
The Museum Pass Istanbul is sold at museums listed below. You can buy the card from the ticket offices of the museums. Passport is not needed but carrying a copy of your passport recommended. (especially for children who need free ticket)
- Topkapi Palace Museum
- Hagia Sophia Museum
- Chora Museum
- Istanbul Mosaic Museum
- Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts
- Istanbul Archaeological Museums
Istanbul Museum Pass is Not Used for Basilica Cistern
How To Buy Istanbul Museum Pass Online?
- Select the amount of cards you want to purchase
- Make sure you enter the correct personal information and credit card details
- In the address line, enter your hotel’s address.
You can buy Istanbul Museum Pass Online from this link: https://www.muze.gov.tr/
Istanbul Museums & Tourist Attractions Map
Off The Beaten Path Istanbul: Fener Balat Walking Tour